Things I Hate About Grocery Shopping There are many things I dislike about grocery shopping, it costs a fortune, it takes time and it needs to be done regularly and...
Things I Hate About Grocery Shopping
There are many things I dislike about grocery shopping, it costs a fortune, it takes time and it needs to be done regularly and never really gets any more interesting to do. Here are my pet peeves!
- Trolleys with dodgy wheels that have a life of their own.
- Trolleys that are filled with rubbish from the last person that used it because they were too lazy to put it in the bin!
- Bags of potatoes that look lovely and fresh and when you get home there’s a rotten one lurking in there that has leaked all over your box of cornflakes and through the bottom of the dodgy plastic shopping bag and into your car carpet.
- Dodgy plastic bags that can’t hold a bag of potatoes with a dodgy one in it.
- People that squeeze the fruit and put it back – if you’ve squeezed it you’ve bought it lady!
- Smaller packets, same price.
- That the milk and bread are right up the back and that’s all you need!
- That the wine section isn’t in the supermarket – but always next door – so I always forget.
- That the wine that actually IS available in the supermarket is non-alcoholic. What’s the point – who buys that?
- They put the hot chooks right out the front and I can smell them the whole way through the shop…
- People that change their minds and plonk what they don’t want in the wrong place.
- Deli workers that look like they enjoy cutting up that meat just a little TOO much…..
- Price checks at the checkout. GRRRRRRRR!
- Grumpy insipid checkout workers that can’t crack a smile.
- Over the top ‘I’m so happy I could shit’ checkout workers.
- Loudspeaker announcements. What language are they using?
- The automated checkout supervisor who always eyes you off like you stole something.
- Trolley return bays that are always at the opposite end from where you just parked.
- Impatient people at the checkout that ram the trolley into your Achilles heel and go ‘Ohhh sorry’.
- That they put chocolates at the checkout and your now impatient toddler is having a meltdown because you won’t give him one which leads to a nightmare trip to the car, and then the whole way home.
Guest Blog by Freda McFishntackle, Freda (or Federica for short) is a mother of two from Queensland with a wry sense of humour and a mortgage you could trip over. Admittedly terrible with money, it’s her goal to get back on track in 2011/12/13/14.
To read more of Fred’s hilarious posts - Click Here!