Signs our body needs better nutrition To have a healthy body we need to supply our body with a constant source of good nutrition – and this means a wide...
To have a healthy body we need to supply our body with a constant source of good nutrition – and this means a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, proteins, wholegrains and fats every day to nourish the cells in our body.
However, because most of us are strapped for time and are tired we can often neglect our own nutritional needs which can lead to a lack of energy, dull hair and skin, weight gain and generally not feeling on the top of our game.
There are also some other tell tale signs that our body gives us if it is lacking in certain nutrients – and this is a really easy way to tell if you are nutrient deficient in one area:
- Cracked corners in your mouth can be a sign of B2 deficiency
- Pimples or spots on the jaw, can be a sign of kidney issues
- Pimples around the mouth, can be a sign of a hormonal imbalance (often at the time of the month for women)
- Pimples on the head, can be a sign of congested intestinal area – which is often a result of consuming too much dairy
- Spots s on the top of arms, can be a sign of beta carotene, B complex and essential fatty acid deficiency
- Dark circles under eyes, can indicate food allergies and weak kidneys – but please note many people have dark circles that are there because of the bone structure of your face and no amount of creams or foods can correct it
- Restless legs , can be a sign of low calcium and magnesium levels
- Stomach pains can be a sign of insufficient digestive enzymes
- Cloudy urine can be a sign that the body is acidic after eating the wrong foods
- Constipation can be a sign of food allergies or low digestive enzymes
- Tiredness can often be linked to low iron levels
- Varicose veins can be a sign of a congested liver
- Dry skin can be a sign of a deficiency in Vitamin A, B and Omega 3 plus too much processed foods
- Excess ear wax can indicate deficiency in Essential Fatty Acids
Although some of these issues will be linked to other medical conditions and you should always get any symptoms checked out by your Doctor, it is surprising to learn how many will go once a person’s nutritional imbalances are adjusted and a more healthy eating plan is adopted.
This article was written by Rhian Allen, Founder of Lose Baby Weight. For more motivation, advice, recipes and exercise plans visit http://www.losebabyweight.com.au and for daily motivation join the Lose Baby Weight Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/losebabyweight.com.au