This is a Basic Muffin Base recipe. You can add your own ingredients and create the perfect muffin for you! If you want a savory muffin - just omit the sugar, if...
This is a Basic Muffin Base recipe. You can add your own ingredients and create the perfect muffin for you! If you want a savory muffin – just omit the sugar, if you want it fruity, add your favourite fruit! The options are pretty much endless.
So be creative and enjoy!
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 cup milk
Add flavorings of your choice such as:
- Apple & Cinnamon Muffins: 1/2 cup of grated apple and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Apricot & Yogurt: 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots and 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt.
- Blueberry: Add 1/2 cup drained blueberries
- Chocolate Chip: Add 1/2 cup chopped milk chocolate
- Bran and Banana: Add 1 mashed banana and 1/4 cup bran
- Muesli: Add 3/4 muesli and a tablespoon of golden syrup
Savory Options (Omit the sugar)
- Salami and Cheese
- Grated mixed Vegetable
- Bacon and Cheese
- Corn and Cheese: 1/2 cup creamed corn and 1/4 cup grated cheese
- Cheese and Sundried Tomatoes
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until just combined. Bake at 180 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.