Need a fast breakfast on the go? Make a batch of these Breakfast Muffins - they freeze beautifully so you will always have a decent start to the day! Ingredients...
Need a fast breakfast on the go? Make a batch of these Breakfast Muffins – they freeze beautifully so you will always have a decent start to the day!
- 1 3/4 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1.5 cups low fat muesli
- 80 grams low fat olive oil spread
- 1 cup reduced fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 red apples, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon honey
To make breakfast muffins first preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Grease a 12 hole muffin
tin well with canola oil spray.
Sift the flour and cinnamon together in a bowl and add the caster sugar and the muesli.
In a separate bowl mix together the olive oil spread, yoghurt and eggs.
Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients slowly with a wooden spoon until just combined.
Add the grated apple. Pour into the prepared tin and drizzle the honey over the top.
Bake for 20 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
Recipe Hints and Tips:
- Recipe is suitable for freezing. Cool to room temperature and wrap individually with plastic wrap. Good in the freezer for up to three months.