Rainbow Cupcakes look amazing! Kids love them not only because they taste incredible, but they are super eye-catching! Try them out...everyone will love making them AND eating them. Ingredients: 1/2...
Rainbow Cupcakes by Paris on Ponce & Le Maison Rouge on Flickr
Rainbow Cupcakes look amazing! Kids love them not only because they taste incredible, but they are super eye-catching! Try them out…everyone will love making them AND eating them.
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 125 grams butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 bottles food colouring, red, blue, yellow, green
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Line a 12 hole cupcake tray with patty cups.
Cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
Beat the eggs in one at a time adding a little flour in each time until the ingredients are mixed.
Add the vanilla and mix. Then add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time mixing after each addition.
Divide the mixture into 6 bowls:
- In Bowl 1 – Add half a cap of red colouring
- In Bowl 2 – Add half a cap of red and half a cap of yellow
- In Bowl 3 – Add half a cap of yellow
- In Bowl 4 – Add half a cap of green
- In Bowl 5 – Add half a cap of blue
- In Bowl 6 – Add half a cap of blue and half a cap of red
Mix colouring into each mixture after adding.
Divide the purple mixture between the 12 cases. Repeat with the other mixtures in this order: Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
Ice with plain icing or frosting – for a recipe – Click Here!
Recipe Hints & Tips:
- For brighter colours, add a teaspoon of white vinegar to every coloured bowl.
- The rainbow cupcakes can be frozen, place in an airtight container and freeze for up to four weeks un-iced.