Gluten Free Chicken Cacciatore
This recipe ticks all the boxes! Not only is it gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free, it’s also done in the slow cooker! Be sure to use bone-in pieces of chicken, this keeps the meat from drying out.
time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
- 6 Bone-in Skinless Chicken Thighs (you can use 2-3 large breasts but thighs tend to be more juicy!)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Onion sliced
- 2 Carrots sliced
- 100 grams Mushrooms quartered
- 1 Red Capsicum sliced
- 420 grams Tomatoes, Diced
- 3 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 tsp Dried Parsley
- Rub the chicken with the salt and pepper and place on top on the onion, carrots, mushrooms and capsicum in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic and parsley and pour over the top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours - a good indication it's ready is if the carrots have gone tender.
- For a thicker sauce - remove the chicken from the slow cooker and pour the vegetables and sauce into a saucepan. Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and leave for 10 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
- Serve the chicken topped with the sauce.
Recipe Hints and Tips:
- Gluten Free Chicken Cacciatore is suitable for freezing for up to 4 months or kept refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days.