Slowcooker Lamb Shanks with Rosemary Gravy Ingredients: 3 - 6 Lamb Shanks (however many will fit in your slowcooker) 1 brown onion sliced thinly 2 tablespoons of dried Rosemary or...
- 3 – 6 Lamb Shanks (however many will fit in your slowcooker)
- 1 brown onion sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons of dried Rosemary or 1 sprig of fresh
- 1 cup of weak Gravy (I like Greens Gravy Granules – if you use Gravox make it very weak as it can be very salty!)
Line the bottom of your slowcooker with the thinly sliced onion rings. Lay the lamb shanks on top – sprinkle the Rosemary over the top and add the gravy mix. Cover and cook on low for about 6 – 8 hours stiring occasionally. Yummy with a splash of red wine and served with mashed potato and green beans.
Recipe Hints and Tips
- Leftovers can be frozen for another day. Seal in a ziplock bag for up to six months. Defrost in the fridge overnight and either microwave or reheat the mixture in the oven (don’t forget to freeze all the juices too!).