Pork Stuffed Capsicums These easy Pork Stuffed Capsicums take just 25 minutes to cook and 10 minutes to prepare – and are very tasty! Ingredients: 4 large capsicum – use any...
These easy Pork Stuffed Capsicums take just 25 minutes to cook and 10 minutes to prepare – and are very tasty!
- 4 large capsicum – use any colour ones
- 200 grams minced pork
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 50 grams bulghar wheat
- 250ml low salt vegetable stock
- Handful chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons low fat sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the capsicum into two and remove the seeds and cores. Place cut side down on a plate, lightly cover with cling film and cook in the microwave for 3-4 minutes until cooked through, but not so soft they collapse. Remove from the microwave and arrange in a baking tray
- Cook the pork mince in a pan until starting to brown. Drain off excess fat. Add the garlic clove to the pan along with the paprika and cumin and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well to combine, cook for a couple of minutes then add the bulghar wheat and stock. Stir and bring to a simmer – for approx. 10 mins
- Preheat the grill to a medium high heat. Stir half the parsley into the pork mixture. Stuff into the capsicum, then cook for 3-5 minutes until crisp. Stir the remaining parsley into the sour cream and dollop onto the capsicum to serve.
Recipe serves: 4. Calories per serving: 185.
This article was written by Rhian Allen, Founder of Lose Baby Weight. For more motivation, advice, recipes and exercise plans visit http://www.losebabyweight.com.au and for daily motivation join the Lose Baby Weight Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/losebabyweight.com.au