Tabbouleh This is my favourite salad - now I'm not known as much of a salad eater (quite frequently you will hear me say 'rabbit food'...), but I truly enjoy...
- 115 grams Bulgur Wheat (look in the cereal section of the supermarket)
- 90ml fresh lemon juice
- 75ml olive oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh parsley- chopped finely
- 4 tablespoons fresh mint – chopped finely
- 3 spring onions – chopped finely
- 2 small firm tomatoes, chopped very finely
- salt and pepper to taste
Cover the bulger wheat with cold water and soak for 20 minutes – drain well and with your hands sqeeze out the moisture. Add to a large bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Chill overnight in the fridge. Serve with Falafel or have as a side for a barbecue lunch. I love it on its own!