Ask SAHM is a place where you can ask our staff & community a question safely & anonymously. Please read our disclaimer.

Are you mentally strong ?

My dr adviced me not to go to court for a rape that happened 3 weeks ago

I don’t want the rapist to walk the streets and rape another woman

Feel lost


Got an Answer?

Answers (6)

Ditch your doctor, they should support what you want

Its not the doctors place to comment on what you should or shouldnt do. I agree get in touch with a crisis service who will support you.

 This ^
helpful (0) 

I’m so sorry you went through this!!!. I do think you already have some strength in you as you want to report him and you want him not to walk free!

Do you have close family or a non-judgemental friend you can talk to? I wish I could give you a hug!

All the best ❤️

Please get in touch with lifeline or a sexual assault referral service, you need support. You need an advocate. Best wishes xx

 I went to a sexual assault service
helpful (0) 

Your doctor has NO right to tell you what to do. It is up toyou and you alone what you want to do andno one has the right to persuade you either way. It is something you will have to live with for the rest of your life so you really need to decide which decision you can live with.

Your doctor is thinking of you. I would take the advice unless you have a fantastic support system of friends and family that you can tell and lean on. Don’t try and go it alone.