Ask SAHM is a place where you can ask our staff & community a question safely & anonymously. Please read our disclaimer.

HPV 18. I've been referred on since getting this result. Anyone able to give me their experience please?


Got an Answer?

Answers (3)

Usually the doctor will refer you to see a gynaecologist to get another test done to ensure there are no cell Changes. This is similar to a pap smear but the doctor uses a microscope to watch closely. HPV can be cleared up within 5 years I’ve been told with good nutrition and exercise. I am going through this too, it is scary but the more you take care of your health the better you can fight the hpv. Shiitake mushrooms have been said to be a good source of nutrients. All the best.

OP Thanks for the info
helpful (0) 
 This is incorrect you can’t misinform people by saying it cleared up alone! It is impossible it is cancerous cells
helpful (0) 

I forget the medical name for it but i had the lining of my cervical wall burnt off 15 years ago. It was uncomfortable but nothing too dramatic.

OP Thanks for your reply
helpful (0) 
 Lletz procedure
helpful (1) 
 ^ Had that. Yuck
helpful (0) 

I had HPV back in 2015 I had half of my cervix removed. I had pap smears every 12 weeks for 5 years. Now I've had another smear back with bad cells. I've now gone back to my gynecologist. I recommend going private and finding one who has experience in oncology as well.

OP I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it all goes well for you.
helpful (0)