View other questions

Ask SAHM is a place where you can ask our staff & community a question safely & anonymously. Please read our disclaimer.


Answered 1 month ago

Recently decided to split from my partner, unmarried but together 15 years, 2 kids and own a home and investment property together. We will try do sort it out between ourselves and no issues with custody, but if we don’t agree will we have to get solicitors?

Have an answer?

2000 characters left.


1 month ago
I would be like you personally, but I am concerned reading this that there are so many dimensions that we wouldn't know about...long term financial, would future partners be problematic without things signed, situations may change, kids may change and finances may change. The usual support might be an issue, or centrelink later on may come after one of least touch base with one?

1 month ago
Sounds like it would be a good idea ? If you don’t agree then things could get nasty