Scrubs are fun to make at home with normal ingredients you will already have on hand.
Exfoliating your skin should be part of your weekly beauty routine, so have fun with the different ingredients and make and try a homemade sugar scrub that will work just for you!
We’ve found six of our favourites from Pinterest and have listed them here. All are easy to make and gentle on the skin.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Oil
- 1 lime, zested
- Zest the lime and set aside.
- Place the coconut oil into a bowl and whip with a hand mixer.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until mixed 1 – 2 minutes.
- Scoop into a mason jar or similar and seal.
- Add twine, ribbon and a gift tag if desired.
- 1 ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. green tea powder
- 2 green tea bags
- 1 cup coconut oil
- Open green tea bags and empty green tea leaves and set aside.
- In a bowl place white sugar, green tea powder and loose leaf tea leaves; mix together all the ingredients until the green tea powder is incorporated into the sugar.
- Then slowly add coconut oil and stir until all the mixture is covered in oil. Place in airtight container and store.
- Coconut Oil or Almond Oil
- Raw Cane Sugar
- Granulated White Sugar
- Cinnamon Essential Oil
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Simply mix all the sugars and the vanilla and the essential oils.
- Then gradually add the oil base mixing while pouring. Add the oil until you are happy with the texture and consistency of the scrub. I like mine a little on the non-oily side. But it is just a matter of preference really.
- To use, simply gather a small amount in your fingertips or with a small spoon. Rub together in your hands and scrub your skin with it. Rinse off with warm water. This will leave your skin feeling so silky soft and smelling like cinnamon and vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- ¾ cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Place freeze-dried strawberries in a sealed zip-loc bag. Using a rolling pin, crush strawberries until very fine.
- Combine sugar and crushed freeze-dried strawberries in small mixing bowl.
- Add coconut oil and vanilla extract to dry mixture. Stir well.
- Scoop scrub into a mason jar and garnish scrub with additional freeze-dried strawberries.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (almond, olive or coconut work best)
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- You can add more or less oil to your liking.
- Store in an airtight container. Since this recipe doesn’t contain any preservatives, it’s best if it’s used within a month or two.
- 5 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure sweet almond oil
- 7-10 tablespoon granulated white/brown sugar
- Fresh rose petals
- you can adjust the ingredients as per requirements
- Put coconut oil, almond oil, sugar, fresh and cleaned rose petals to the blender.
- Make sure that all the ingredients are blended coarsely and smooth enough so that it can be applied on the skin. You can also add your favourite essential oil for extra benefits.
- Keep this rose sugar scrub aside for 10 minutes so that the nutrients of sugar and rose can mix up with coconut and almond oils.