With more people getting busy these days, exercising has become a lesser option for some when it comes to weight loss and more have resorted to weight loss shake options.
Weight loss or meal replacement shakes have gained popularity nowadays as more and more people said it worked for them. Although it’s not magic, with commitment and determination to really lose weight, it will do wonders.
But first things first, what are weight loss shakes or meal replacement shakes? It’s a program which is usually to replace two meals a day and then enjoy a low-calorie, balanced meal for the third.
So if you’re planning on embarking on this kind of weight loss method, we’ve got you covered. We enlisted here some of the best weight loss shake options you can include in your diet. Some of our Askers even attested to these when we asked about this at our Ask SAHM page.
This range of weight loss shake comes in four flavours — vanilla, strawberry, chocolate and coffee. These are packed in individual sachets which makes it handy to keep in your bag or work drawer. Unlike others that come in a whole box, you can pick whichever flavour you choose and not get stuck in one flavour.
- Cost: Under $2 each
- Taste: Pretty good for a low cost shake
- 4 Flavours
- Only available for purchase via Aldi Supermarkets
OptiSlim has different diet shake ranges according to your weight loss goals.
- OptiSlim VLCD Classic
- It comes in chocolate, strawberry, espresso, vanilla and banana. It is sold in boxes of 21 individual sachets.
- Advanced VLCD Platinum
- It also comes in chocolate, strawberry, espresso, vanilla and banana but it offers “increased fat burning, reduced hunger, and higher energy levels for faster results.”
- OptiSlim LCD Life
- This range is for those aiming for a less intense weight management program. It comes in 10 flavours (banana, chocolate, vanilla, coffee, strawberry, caramel, honeycomb, lemon cheesecake, choc mint, and French vanilla) It is sold in boxes of 7 sachets of the same flavour, or as a variety pack with the first five flavours.
- Cost Per Shake: $2.00
- Not Gluten Free
- Not Dairy Free
- Taste: A bit gritty, but not too bad.
- Available at Chemists
It has two types of weight loss shakes.
- Regular diet shake range which comes in vanilla ice cream, double chocolate mocha, chocolate smoothie, and raspberry ripple. It also has a version with 30% less sugar and has green tea extract.
- Super Shake range which comes in two flavours — vanilla bean and rich milk chocolate. It contains four ‘super foods’ such as green tea extract, chia seeds, maca powder, and green coffee bean. It is sold in 430g tubs, containing 13 servings.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Cost is $17.95 for 430 grams
- 3 flavours
- Taste: Not too bad, tolerable.
- Available at most Supermarkets near the health foods.
It comes in chocolate, caramel, vanilla, coffee, banana, strawberry, and chai flavours, among others. You can purchase it as single-flavour box of 12 or 18 sachets, or as a 10-pack assortment (2 each of chocolate, coffee, strawberry, vanilla and chai).
- Cost Per Shake: About $4
- Gluten Free
- 7 Flavours
- Taste: Probably the best tasting of the shakes, especially the coffee flavour.
- Available from most chemists.
Its smoothie range claims 96% sugar free, 100% fructose free and 100% artificial sweetener free, its website says. Their smoothies contain apple pectin, rice bran fibre, cellulose, psyllium husks, inulin, flaxseed meal, and pumpkin seed meal. It’s dairy and gluten-free and breastfeeding friendly.
- Price Per Shake: About $3
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Fructose Free
- 96% Sugar Free
- 11 flavours
- Taste: Hmmmm not great – okay.
- Purchase online only.
Which weight loss shake would you like to try? Or have you tried any of these?