The final run into Christmas Day is always hectic.
Here are few thoughts going through my head during this most wonderful time of the year. I hope I’m not alone…
1. Okay dinner is done, now kids to bed.
2. Yes, okay, you can watch the carols until the Santa is on.
3. When the hell will Santa be on?
4. Yes that is the Wiggles.
5. No I don’t know when Santa is on!
6. Leave the Christmas tree alone!
7. No you can’t open your presents early!
8. “Silent Night” – oh I wish!
9. Come on Santa can’t be long now.
10. Where is the sticky tape? Now need to re-sticky tape the presents!
11. Oh crap do I have batteries for the kids’ presents?
12. I wonder if the servo is still open?
13. Okay Santa is next.
14. Jingle bells, Batman smells”¦ Note to self – must teach the kids the proper words.
15. Yahoo Santa is done. Okay kids off to bed.
16. Stay in bed and go to sleep.
17. If you sleep in Santa leave more presents!
18. It’s 10pm Santa wants to deliver your presents, now go to sleep
19. Bugger no batteries or present for great aunt Flo… will send husband to servo.
20. Bloody typical he has had too many beers and can’t drive.
21. Servo, servo where is the open servo?
22. Okay have batteries, chocolates and Slim Dusty CD for great aunt Flo. I am ready for Christmas.
23. Go back in for milk. Now I am ready for Christmas.
24. Home again. I hope the kids are asleep.
25. Husband asleep, kids are still awake. WTF?
26. Okay have to pull out the big guns no sleep means no Santa.
27. 11.30pm… Finally kids are asleep and now will have to kick husband awake.
28. Right now need to find all the Santa presents.
29. Where the hell is tennis racquet and Barbie…shit!
30. Bugger forgot the chocolate for Santa sacks.
31. Back to the servo.
32. What do you mean you’re out of Christmas chocolates? Snickers it is then…
33. Where the hell is the wrapping paper?
34. What do you mean the dog ripped it up? You didn’t stop it!
35. Pink and blue stars it is. Almost Christmas.
36. Gift tags. How did we go from millions last Christmas to none?
37. Hmm is using a sharpie on the wrapping paper too tacky?
38. Survey says no!
39. Okay presents are all wrapped, stockings are hung at the fireplace, kids asleep and now some sleep for me.
40. Ahh feels good to lay down.
41. Eyes are closing.
42. Faaaaarrrrrkkkk forgot to defrost the turkey!!!
43. And make the dessert.
44. Okay 2am and back in bed.
45. Eyes closing zzzzzzzz…
46. 4am one child up.
47. No it is not time for Christmas. If you don’t go back to bed Santa will come and pick the presents back up.
48. Go to sleep.
50. 6.30am! Merry Christmas!
We hope you have a Merry Christmas.
Do you have these thoughts on Christmas eve as well?