Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 500 grams Pearl Couscous
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock (optional you may use water)
- 1/2 Celery
- 6 Shallots sliced
- 150 grams Dried Cranberries
- 100 grams Pine Nuts toasted
- 100 grams Coconut Flakes toasted
- 150 grams Almond Flakes -toasted
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger minced
- 1 tsp Fresh Garlic minced
- 1 Lime juiced
- Pour chicken stock or water into large saucepan and bring to the boil. Add cous cous pearls, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, the stock or water will be all absorbed when cooked.
- While cous cous is cooking chop shallots and celery, then add to a large bowl with cranberries, pine nuts, coconut flakes and almond flakes and toss until all mixed well.
- Again while cous cous is cooking place all dressing ingredients in a bowl or jug, heat in microwave for 1 minute. Stir and if sugar is not dissolved heat again for a further 30 seconds until all sugar is dissolved. Shouldn't take any longer than 2 minutes.
- Add cooked cous cous pearls to large bowl with chopped and toasted salad ingredients, mix well.
- Add dressing just prior to serving. You can also serve dressing in a jug on table that way it will keep for 3 days in an airtight container in refrigerator.