You Will Need:
- 110 grams Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cornflour
- 1 3/4 cups Flour Self-Raising
- 1/2 cup Lollies boiled
- 1/2 cup Jubes
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Add eggs, beat until fluffy. Sift cornflour and self raising flour together and add to creamed butter mix. Beat until just combine.
- Lightly flour your hands, the mix will be tacky to touch but this is perfect. Roll 1 heaped teaspoon of mix into a ball and place on a baking tray lined with bake & cooking paper.
- Push a hole in the centre using your finger. Place one lolly in the hole in the center of each biscuit.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until just turning golden brown.
Hints and Tips:
- To ensure your cookies don’t stick to your tray placed a piece of bake & cooking paper down before spooning on your lolly drop mixture.
- Christmas Lolly Drops look great with cellophane around them; however, they need to be protected before you package them up. Store them in an air tight container with a sheet of bake & cooking Paper in between each layer. That way your bikkies won’t be stuck together when you remove them from the fridge and wrap them into gifts. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- When you are ready to wrap them, use a cellophane bag with a ribbon tied around the top.
- Christmas Lolly Drops are not suitable for freezing.
Even More Edible Christmas Gifts
Be sure to also check out of Christmas section for more edible gift ideas including:
- Nuts and Bolts
- Christmas Pudding Balls
- Peanut Brittle
- White Chocolate Bark
- Christmas Lolly Tree
- Honey Ginger Christmas Cookies