Classic steak is a pretty good recipe on its own and will be an excellent option for any celebration.
But we are moving on to get something incredibly new and delicious, which will be suitable for any party.
First of all let’s prepare the meat.
- 500 grams Flank Steak
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- Place the olive oil, lime juice, sugar, salt, cumin, garlic, water, smoked paprika, onion powder, and chili powder in a large bowl.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add the steak to the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour or up to 6 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill, grill pan, or skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add the steak and cook for 5-6 minutes per side for medium doneness. Remove from the grill and let sit for 5 minutes.
When the steak is prepared, you can make the next dishes..
To cut the meat in the most efficient way we recommend to use a meat slicer.
For the tacos
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas warmed
- 1 cup avocado diced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- salt to taste
- Make the avocado topping. Stir together the avocado, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a small bowl.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Divide the meat between the tortillas. Top with avocado mixture and serve.
Sandwich with Steak and Caramelised Onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated horseradish
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup packed baby spinach or your favourite salad leaves
- 1 Burger bun or ciabatta roll
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish and lemon zest; set aside.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add the oil, onions, and a bit of salt and cook, often stirring until the onions have become very soft and jam-like, about 14 to 16 minutes. Transfer the onions to a small bowl.
- To the same saucepan, add the spinach and sauté over medium heat until the spinach begins to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes.
- To assemble, spread the mayo mixture on the top side of bread. On the bottom half of the bread, layer the sliced meat, wilted spinach, and caramelised onions. Top with the other side of bread, slice in half and serve.