7. Clean your microwave.
Do so by heating some lemon slices in a bowl of water for 30 seconds, then wipe down the inside of the microwave.
8. Degrease your BBQ.
This is simple. You can do so by putting straight lemon juice on the grills and giving it a good wipe down.
9. Clean your drains by sprinkling some bicarb soda in the drain followed by some hot lemon juice and then hot water.
You can also rub cut lemon wedges around the sink for maximum cleaning.
10. Mix ½ a cup of borax and 1 cup of lemon juice to use as a toilet cleaner.
If you don’t want anything to do with borax, you can substitute it with bicarb soda.
11. Make an all-purpose cleaner by mixing equal parts water and lemon juice in a spray bottle – great for kitchens and bathrooms (but patch test first!).
Also try a spray bottle of white vinegar with a small amount of lemon juice.
12. Clean tile grout by dipping an old toothbrush into lemon juice then give the grout a good scrub.
The high acid content of lemon juice makes it very effective in cleaning away stubborn stains and discolouration.
13. Soak plastic food storage containers in a solution of lemon juice and water (about half/half) overnight.
In the morning, add a little bicarb soda and scrub, rinse and dry. Great for tomato sauce stains in the containers!
If you have any other suggestions, please share!