Avoid your Mother in Law at Christmas and Book a Cruise Instead!
Before you all shout at me that Christmas is ages away – it isn’t really – it is September already! But if you are thinking of going away for a holiday at Christmas time – then now – right now, is the time to think about booking in (so you don’t end up in a dodgy cabin at the bottom of the boat!).
Instead of ferrying the kids from house to house on Christmas Day which is positively exhausting, why not get away on a cruise where no one can call you, and you aren’t expected to get up and cook from 5am on Christmas Day. Instead be pampered, soak up the sun and relax on a P&O Cruise!
There are a select number of cruises over the Christmas period, so check out the best one that suits you!
Cruises are perfect options for families. Perfect because:
- You only have to unpack ONCE!
- KIDS CLUB!
- It is all inclusive so you can eat as much as you want, at a different restaurant every night.
- You don’t have to share Christmas lunch with your mother in law.
Cruises are pretty economical as way as holidays go. After all when you add up travel and food and activities for the whole family, compared to the all-inclusive prices for a cruise, you can see why most Australian families now are cruising more than any other holiday!
Current Cruise Deals:
1. Premium Drinks Package:
Book your next P&O Cruise and receive a Premium Drinks Package on cruises of 7 nights or more excluding Melbourne Cup departing Brisbane#.
For Cruises of 6 nights or less receive a Soft Drinks Package^.
Offer is for the first two guests per room on Value Fares.
Sale Ends 24th September 2019
The second deal currently on P&O Cruises is the Buy 2 Get 2 Free Sale.
Book a quad-share (4 person) room and only pay for 2 adults*!
We’ve introduced this great offer for a limited time only, so grab your friends and book your next cruise!*.
Offer valid for one week only on select sailings until 9th September 2019. Don’t miss out!
Here’s how to book the offer online:
1. Our website will always show you pricing per person when you search for a cruise. The discounted cruises below will show a price per person (the total room price divided by 4 people). Once you start booking you’ll see you are only paying the equivalent of 2 adult fares.
2. Once you select your cruise and view room options you can start your booking. You’ll need to select 2-4 adults or if you are bringing the kids 2 adults + 2 kids, then select your room type and the Go Fare. At this point you will see you are paying for 2 adult fares and the 3rd and 4th fares are free.
There are multiple destinations to choose from, depending on what you and your family are into!
You can go to:
- The Pacific Islands which includes cruises to Fiji, Vanuatu, Samoa, Tonga, The Loyalty Islands, New Caledonia and Papa New Guinea
- New Zealand
- New Guinea
- Moreton Island
And P&O leaves from multiple ports – so you don’t have to fly to Sydney just to catch one. They are currently disembarking cruises from:
Things for Kids to Do On-Board!
Two words ‘Kids Club’. Giving parents time to breathe and the kids time to play! The Kids Club aboard P&O Cruises is sorted into age. Turtle Cove is for the little ones from 2 – 6 year olds. Shark Shack is for kids aged 7 – 10 and HQ is the ultimate chill zone for kids and teens aged 11 – 14. There is also an HQ+ for 15 – 17-year-olds where the older kids can get away from the little ones and chill out with kids their own age. Best of all the Kids Club is included in the price of your ticket!
What’s the Accommodation Like on a Cruise?
The great part about going on a cruise is that it is affordable for everyone. Choose a cabin according to your budget. There are loads of different types of cabins and you can choose either twin share (great for couples) and quad share (perfect for families). If you have older, teenage kids, you can even look at getting inter-connecting rooms so the grown ups still have some privacy aboard!
Most cabins aboard have:
- A private ensuite
- A flat screen TV
- Air Conditioning
- Safety deposition box
- Fridge (although the Pacific Aria and the Pacific Eden don’t at this stage)
There are different types of cabins available, from luxury suites to budget-minded cabins for families!
Different Suites include:
- The Penthouse Suite with a private balcony, spacious living area and floor to ceiling windows.
- Penthouse has a spa bath, walk-in wardrobe, priority boarding and your very own coffee machine!
- Balcony Suite
- Oceanview Suite
- Interior Suite
For more information on P&O Cruises, pricing and brochures – check out their website P&O Cruises