*This is a sponsored post.
Before we know it, the July School Holidays will be upon us!
If you are looking for the perfect Family Winter Wonderland getaway that will appeal to everyone young and old – Bathurst in regional New South Wales is place to visit!
The Bathurst Winter Festival is held from the 6 – 21st July 2019 – and this is a great time to throw the kids in the car and travel to the country for this fantastic event!
July is the perfect time to visit Bathurst as there is so much going on! Here is a taste of some of the activities, events and things to do in Bathurst! But before we begin, here are some fun facts about Bathurst!
Fast Fun Facts About Bathurst
- Bathurst is a gorgeous regional town that is located about 200km west-northwest of Sydney. It is located on the Macquarie River with is part of the Murray-Darling basin, the largest river system in Australia. It takes about 2.5 hours to drive from Sydney to Bathurst.
- Bathurst has a population of 36,801 (as per June 2018)
- Bathurst is where Australia’s first gold discovery was made, and where the first gold rush occurred.
- It is also the location of Australia’s most famous car race, The Bathurst 1000 which is held every October.
All About the Bathurst Winter Festival
When: 6 – 21st July 2019
Where: William Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
An Open Air Ice Skating Rink:
- When: Every Day of the Bathurst Winter Festival (6 – 21st July) from 9am – 9pm
- Grab tickets early online to avoid disappointment.
- Dedicated ice skating sessions for kids, adults and experienced skaters throughout the entire festival
- Find times and pricing here.
There is no more of a perfect way to celebrate Winter than ice-skating! The McDonald’s Bathurst Ice Rink will be open during the Bathurst Winter Festival for everyone to enjoy!
See Bathurst Lit!
When: 6 – 21st July from sundown until 10pm
During the Winter Festival all of Bathurst’s amazing historical buildings in the CBD will be illuminated every night until 10pm.
Buildings that will be lit include:
- The Bathurst Court House
- Court House Lane
- Fernery, Machattie Park
- Keppel Street
- Cathedral of St Michael and St John
The Winter Playground
The Winter Playground is the crowning jewel of the Bathurst Winter Festival. The perfect family friendly amusement and adventure, the playground includes the ice rink, a two story double deck carousel, a giant 30m high ferris wheel overlooking the city of Bathurst.
Walk through rainbows to discover an enchanted forest in Machattie Park!
Ignite the Night
- When: Saturday 6th July, 12pm – 9pm
- Entry is FREE
Ignite the Night is the event that kicks off the the Bathurst Winter Festival. Enjoy the carnival atmosphere with roving performers, an interactive magician and a great line-up of professional live musicians. Local Bathurst students will also be performing on stage.
The night features:
- A decadent dessert store in the Enchanted Forest.
- Exhibitions of local brewers and wineries
- Plenty of delicious food
- Watch illuminations for the first time
All Abilities Skate Day
- When: Friday 12th July, 10am – 4pm
- Cost: $8 per person (carers do not require a ticket)
- Booking can be made direct through LiveBetter on 0428 068 776
The Bathurst Regional Council has partnered with LiveBetter to provide an all-abilities skate day for people with disabilities, and their family and carers. Volunteers from LiveBetter will be on hand to help out and the aim of the day is so that anyone can enjoy the Bathurst Winter Festival in all its glory.
The Brew & Bite Night
- When: Saturday 13th July, 12pm -9pm
The Brew & Bite Night offers a culinary delight of Food Trucks, with a variety of Vietnamese, Indian, Greek, Turkey, Spanish, Pasta and Paella or treat your self to deep fried oreros, marsbar cheesecake or waffles. For the grown-ups, you can try all the delicious varities of Whiskey, Cider, Gin and delicious hot mulled wine whist wandering through the Winter Festival’s Enchanted Forest! There will be fire performances on the open-air ice skating rink, a silent disco for the kids and a dessert corner!
The Festival is Fun and Affordable for Families
Nothing in life is free, or so they say. But fun shouldn’t be expensive!
At the Bathurst Winter Festival, some activities are free while some come with a price – but really affordable! Pay just $40 for 45 minutes of fun (for a family of 4) on the McDonald’s Bathurst Ice Rink. For the giant ferris wheel and the karaoke carousel, you just need a fiver! Skate on the outdoor ice rink with child prices starting from just $8 and wander the cool night air and experience illuminations and sound scapes – without opening your wallet!
Win one of Two Bathurst Winter Festival Packages
Win one of two Bathurst Winter Festival packages valued at $1,000. Complete these steps to enter:
1. Follow @bathurstwinterfestival on Instagram
2. Comment on the competition post by tagging 3 friends, telling us why you want to win and which weekend you would like to attend (5-6th or 12-13th July)
Each prize includes 2 nights accommodation for 4 people, a regional welcome hamper, a gold ticket packages – including McDonald’s Bathurst Ice Rink, ferris wheel and carousel tickets for 4 people.
Entries close Monday 17 June at 4pm. The winners will be announced on Tuesday 18 June and contacted via Instagram PM with instructions on how to claim their prizes. Winners must claim their prize by 4pm, Wednesday 19 June.
This giveaway is in no way endorsed or affiliated by Instagram. Click here to view competition terms and conditions
Enjoy the school holidays with the family this winter!
Don’t miss the Bathurst Winter Festival on July 6 – 21. Click here for more information.