PARENTING TRENDING

Warning! Don’t Leave Your Phone Charger Around Children

3 min read
Warning! Don’t Leave Your Phone Charger Around Children

A baby girl has suffered horrific burns to her face after she got hold of a phone charger and stuck it in her mouth.

Warning: Graphic Images

A mother took to Facebook to warn others about the dangers of leaving phone chargers around children after her 19-month-old daughter was burned when she stuck a phone charger in her mouth.

Warning! Don't Leave Your Phone Charger Around Children | Stay at Home Mum
www.leicestermercury.co.uk

Courtney Davis, from the US, shared on Facebook how her daughter got the horrific facial burns.

She said that she normally doesn’t leave her phone charger with her daughter’s reach except for that fateful day, September 28th.

“Any other day my charger wouldn’t have been plugged up in her reach but bc of a bunch of stuff going on that day I didn’t have time to move it. It took all of a few seconds for her to get burned,” she wrote.

Warning! Don't Leave Your Phone Charger Around Children | Stay at Home Mum
www.pinsdaddy.com

Ms Davis said she took her daughter to the doctor who confirmed it was ‘an electrical burn.’ “There was nothing they could put on it due to her being able to lick it,” she wrote.

She said that her daughter was not the one to put things inside her mouth but that day was different. “She had never tried to put it in her mouth and she had never messed with it. The one day it isn’t moved she stuck it in her mouth and got a severe burn,” she wrote, adding that she was thankful that her daughter wasn’t in pain.

Ms Davis also wrote that people had been asking her what kind of charger it was and said that it was a store bought charger that fits a Samsung Note 5.

Warning! Don't Leave Your Phone Charger Around Children | Stay at Home Mum
www.pinsdaddy.com

She also posted graphic images of her daughter’s burns on the corner of her mouth along with a warning to parents and guardians.

“Parents, Grandparents, babysitters etc please put your chargers up out of reach. My daughter was lucky the next kid may not be as lucky as her,” she wrote.

In an update to her post, Ms Davis said that although her daughter’s sore looked like it was getting worse throughout the week, the sores already began to heal, but they were still referred to a plastic surgeon.

Her post has been shared over 300,000 times and had more than 69,000 reactions.

Dont Leave Your Phone Charger Around Children | Stay at Home Mum.com.au

Source: au.be.yahoo.com

About Author

Sahm Community

Stories that have been written by mums, with a raw, honest, heartfelt sometimes tearful emotions put into words. Just so that we as a community know t...Read Morehat as mums you are not alone! Read Less

Close sidebar