Spring is just right around the corner and you know what that means: it’s time to spruce up our gardens — and invite the magical people in!
The tradition of creating magical fairy gardens date back a long time. It is said that if you build and grow one, those magical little people will come in — and perhaps bring you luck in the process!
Back in the days, fairy gardens used to be as simple as outdoor digs set up right in the backyard, usually on mossy patches or on hollow logs and then added in with a few natural elements such as toadstool tables and the like. Every year, it seems that people get more and more clever with their decoration ideas and fairy gardens become more adorable than ever!
If you’ve run out of awesome (unlikely, but you’ll never know…), just check out these photos for fairy garden inspirations!
1. Mini windows and a door attached to a moss-covered tree — and voila!
2. Here’s a more elaborate doorway and an awesome use of the wheelbarrow
3. If you have some extra space in your backyard, try this set-up
4. Make use of mini houses and mini furniture for your little magical friends
5. If you don’t have a lot of room to spare, use your birdbath instead
6. Your old grill also makes for cute minimalist fairy garden
7. Putting in some accent lights would look great at night
8. You can also set-up fairy gardens in large pots on your outdoor porch
9. It doesn’t have to be a huge, complicated garden
10. And a fully-functional one for a game of tic-tac-toe could help bring in the magical creatures, too!
Are you ready to bring in some spring into your garden?
Jody is the founder and essence of Stay at Home Mum. An insatiable appetite for reading from a very young age had Jody harbouring dreams of being a pu...Read Moreblished author since primary school. That deep-seeded need to write found its way to the public eye in 2011 with the launch of SAHM. Fast forward 4 years and a few thousand articles Jody has fulfilled her dream of being published in print. With the 2014 launch of Once a Month Cooking and 2015's Live Well on Less, thanks to Penguin Random House, Jody shows no signs of slowing down. The master of true native content, Jody lives and experiences first hand every word of advertorial she pens.
Mum to two magnificent boys and wife to her beloved Brendan; Jody's voice is a sure fire winner when you need to talk to Mums. Read Less