Spring is just right around the corner and you know what that means: it’s time to spruce up our gardens — and invite the magical people in!
The tradition of creating magical fairy gardens date back a long time. It is said that if you build and grow one, those magical little people will come in — and perhaps bring you luck in the process!
Back in the days, fairy gardens used to be as simple as outdoor digs set up right in the backyard, usually on mossy patches or on hollow logs and then added in with a few natural elements such as toadstool tables and the like. Every year, it seems that people get more and more clever with their decoration ideas and fairy gardens become more adorable than ever!
If you’ve run out of awesome (unlikely, but you’ll never know…), just check out these photos for fairy garden inspirations!
1. Mini windows and a door attached to a moss-covered tree — and voila!
2. Here’s a more elaborate doorway and an awesome use of the wheelbarrow
3. If you have some extra space in your backyard, try this set-up
4. Make use of mini houses and mini furniture for your little magical friends
5. If you don’t have a lot of room to spare, use your birdbath instead