Jody Allen Founder/Chief Content Editor
Jody is the founder and essence of Stay at Home Mum. An insatiable appetite for reading from a very young age had Jody harbouring dreams of being a published author since primary school. That deep seeded need to write found its way to the public eye in 2011 with the launch of SAHM. Fast forward 4 years and a few thousand articles Jody has fulfilled her dream of being published in print. With the 2014 launch of Once a Month Cooking and 2015’s Live Well on Less, thanks to Penguin Random House, Jody shows no signs of slowing down. The master of true native content, Jody lives and experiences first hand every word of advertorial she pens.
Mum to two magnificent boys and wife to her beloved Brendan; Jody’s voice is a sure fire winner when you need to talk to Mums.
6. Divorced men are 8 times more likely to commit suicide and twice as likely to suffer depression after a divorce.
7. The divorce rate for a first marriage is 41%; Second marriages are 60%; and third marriages, 74%.
8. The most common age for a woman to be divorced for the first time is 29 years old.
9. A marriage is more likely to last if the couple are over 30, are well educated and earn more money.
10. The highest divorce rate in history was the 1980s – with an average of 50% of couples ending their marriages.
Next page: Did you know that there are countries where divorce is still illegal?