These Afghan biscuits are my all time favourite, from my childhood.
My mum used to make them for us when we where kids and I still love the taste of them.
They are also great biscuits to make with your children. They can help in most if not all stages. Just keep on eye on them 🙂
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa and then mix in the cornflakes.
- Put spoonfuls of mixture on a lined baking tray and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl place sifted icing sugar, cocoa with the butter and beat until thick consistency.
- If too thick add a little water.
- Ice the Afghan biscuits and place a walnut on top of each.