When it comes to baking, we love to try something different like these Apple Cinnamon Blondies. Think of them like a chewy caramel brownie mixed with a comforting apple pie. Filled with diced apple, topped with sliced apple, and packed with buttery sweet cinnamon flavours, these are guaranteed to go down a treat.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, and lightly grease a 20cm square pan. Use some baking paper to cover the bottom of the pan, leaving overhang on both sides so you can lift it out later.
- Peel and core both apples. Dice one into small pieces to go into the batter, and slice the other one to lay on top. In a large bowl, cream the brown sugar with the butter. Once smooth and fluffy, beat in the egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients until well combined. Then add this into the butter/sugar mixture and stir until just combined. Fold through the diced apple.
- Pour or spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Spread the apple slices evenly on the top, pushing lightly into the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then gently lift out using the baking paper overhang.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, and serve as is or drizzled in caramel sauce. We personally like to leave the blondies in the fridge for a few hours before slicing to make it easier to cut.