Love Apple Crumble? Love Cake? Then combine the best of both baked worlds and indulge in this tasty treat!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Lemon zest
- 250 grams Butter
- 250 grams Caster Sugar
- 4 Egg x large
- 250 grams Self Raising Flour
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest grated
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 50 grams Plain Flour
- 40 grams Brown Sugar
- 40 grams Butter
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Apples Green
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Heat the oven to 180 C.
- Grease either a deep-sided 9 cm x 20 cm cake tin or a standard 24 cm cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar for 5 minutes until smooth and add the eggs one by one, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour, lemon zest and lemon juice and beat well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin.
- To make the crumble, combine the plain flour, soft brown sugar, butter and cinnamon, and rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Peel, quarter and core the apples and finely dice, then toss through the crumble and scatter over the top of the batter.
- Bake until springy on top, and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then gently remove from tin and serve warm or cool.