There’s nothing we love more than a Hot Damn Bacon and Beans Casserole.
Filling, warm and hearty, with lots of incredibly rich pork flavours, these beans are just fantastic.
They go great with bread and rice, or you can serve as is, topped with a bit of spring onion and some yoghurt or sour cream. Make them as spicy as you like, or reduce the chilli if you want them mild.
For extra spicy lovers, we suggest a bit of extra chili.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 3 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Ham Hock
- 300 grams Bacon Pieces
- 3 Cans White Beans cannelloni or similar
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder more or less to taste
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- In a large pot, add the canned beans (liquid removed), ham hock, bay leaf, chilli powder and around 5 cups of water. Cover the pan, bring to a boil and then simmer for 1 hour.
- While the beans are being infused with flavour, cook the bacon in a large pan on a medium high heat until nearly crisp. To this add the onion and cook for a few more minutes, until onion is transparent. Add the garlic, and cook for a few more minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the bacon mixture into the pan with the beans and bring back to the boil, stirring consistently. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Fish the bay leaf and the ham hock out of the pot, and then serve as desired.