Anyone on a diet – look away – right now! Unless it is your cheat day – and boy, will you be cheating!
Fried Ice Cream is perhaps one of the most decadent, rich and delicious desserts you can make. And although it sounds like a lot of work, it seriously isn’t! In fact, when I make these I make a heap and just keep them in the freezer just in case the need for a Baileys fix arises! But don’t just make them for yourself, they’re also a fantastic dessert to impress on a romantic evening, or to serve at a dinner party. I love them because you can make them in advance, and then just fry them at the very last minute before serving them up.
You’ll need a bib to eat these, cause there will be drool…..
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 4 Scoops Of Bailey's Original Ice Cream frozen well
- 1 Eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup Cake Crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut Flakes
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Scoop Bailey's Original Ice cream into 8 large scoops and place in a pan. Cover the pan lightly and freeze for one to two hours until it becomes firm.
- Prepare the ingredients. Beat the eggs lightly into one container, mix the cinnamon sugar and coconut flakes into another container, and then the cake crumbs into another container.
- Take out the frozen ice cream scoops from the freezer and then one by one, dip it into the eggs roll it into the cinnamon sugar and coconut mixture, and then roll into the cake crumbs. Make sure to roll the scoops properly until it is covered in cake crumbs.
- Place the ice cream balls back in to the pan and freeze them until firm.
- After 1 or 2 hours, prepare a pan and heat the oil for frying.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and gently lower it into the hot oil. Fry it into 30 seconds until golden brown. Serve immediately.