Baked BBQ Pork Ribs
If you’ve never made your own pork ribs before, this Baked BBQ Pork Ribs recipe has to go on your ‘to cook’ list. These ribs are so straightforward to cook, and don’t require you to fire up a BBQ in order to get those tender, juicy flavours.
Also, this recipe is really just a base. You can change the flavour balance up with any meat rub of your choice, as well as with speciality BBQ sauce.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 4 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Brown Sugar half cup
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 2 Dry Mustard 2 tsps
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 990 grams Baby Back Pork Ribs
- 1 cup Bbq Sauce of your choice
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Preheat your oven to 120 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together all of the spices until they are well combined in a kind of dry rub.
- Put the rib rack down on some aluminium foil, meat side down. Prick the back of the ribs a few times with a knife to allow the flavour to absorb in.
- Take the spice mix (dry rub) and apply a nice coat to all sides of the rib rack. Ensuring that the rib is meat side down on the foil, fold the foil around the meat to create a very tight seal. Life onto a sheet pan, and pop in the oven.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 2 hours, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes or so.
- While this is cooling, increase oven temperature to 175 degrees.
- Open the foil and drain any juices or fat in the bottom. You do not need to keep these for this recipe, but you may choose to use these liquids in another recipe. Brush BBQ sauce on all sides of the rack, nice and thick.
- Place the rack meat side up and put back in the oven, with the foil still open. Back for 10 minutes or so, then remove and add more BBQ sauce before returning to the oven. Repeat this four more times, for a total of 50 minutes of cooking time in 10 minute increments.
- Cut the rack up into individual ribs, and serve with addition BBQ sauce or sides as desired.