This Baked Chicken Noodle Casserole is hearty, delicious and perfect for a dinner with the whole family.
There’s something about a good casserole that just makes us happy, picturing an idyllic family sitting around the dinner table of an evening.
This Baked Chicken Noodle Casserole has a few veggies, a hit of protein, and just enough carbs to make even fussy children happy.
Of course you could always spice things up a little by upping the vegetables or swapping out the chicken for sausage.
This recipe is really versatile and flexible – do what you want!
Experiment, have fun and enjoy!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
For The Casserole
- 300 grams Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 400 grams Condensed Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 400 grams Egg Noodles
- 450 grams Frozen Vegetables change with actual vegetables, steamed or sautéed
- 300 grams Chicken Meat cooked
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp Salt And Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
For The Crunchy Topping
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 tbsp Butter unsalted, melted
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- At the same time bring a large pot of boiling water (salted) to the boil and cook your egg noodles as per their specific instructions. You want them to end up al dente as they will cook more in the oven. Drain noodles and set aside.
- In a bowl bring together the two condensed soups and the sour cream, mixing well.
- In the same bowl throw in the cooked chicken (we used roast chicken leftovers), the frozen veggies, the cheddar and the egg noodles. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the entire thing into a large rectangular casserole dish, making sure to tap and shake the container to get rid of the air bubbles.
- To make the crunchy topping mix the melted butter, parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs together in a bowl. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Pop the dish in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are properly cooked and the sauce has bubbled.
- Let cool for a few minutes on the counter before serving, and feel free to add more cheese on the top.