Our awesome Office Staff member Kylie had a passionfruit vine overflowing with goodness…so what is a girl to do but make an amazing cheesecake with them YUM! This cheesecake is sweet, creamy, enough fruity tang from the passionfruit with a naughty delicious layer of caramel to top it off!!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Passionfruit pulp (the strained seeds)
- Passionfruit extra for decorating
- 170 grams Biscuit Base (we Used The Prepacked One)
- 60 grams Melted Butter
- 750 grams Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Passionfruit Juice (strained Pulp Leaving The Seeds Out For Now)
- 1/3 cup Passionfruit Pulp (the Strained Seeds)
- 1 Passionfruit Extra For Decorating
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 40 grams Butter
- 1 Passionfruit
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line springform tin base with baking paper, cut into a circle the same size as base.
- Add biscuits and melted butter and mix together until and well coated, it looks like wet sand.
- Pour biscuit mix into lined tin. Using a straight sided glass, press biscuit mix into base and around sides. Using a circular motion will smooth the base and push the mix up the sides then run the glass around the sides to make it firm.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Then set aside to cool.
- Cut approximately 8 passionfruits and strain, keeping both juice and pulp you will use both in the recipe.
- Beat cream cheese (softened at room temperature) using electric mix master on medium speed until creamy and smooth (about 3 minutes).
- Add sugar and sifted cornflour, beat again until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until each one is mixed in. Add vanilla and passionfruit juice, beat again until well combined.
- Stir through 2 tablespoons of passionfruit pulp.
- Pour into cooked biscuit base and bake for 75 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Once cooked turn off oven and allow to cool in oven for about 20 minutes. (This will give you time to make the caramel layer, which is optional by the way...but caramel is never optional for me it's a must!)
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter, brown sugar, cornflour(dissolve in 3 tablespoons cold water) and cream together, stirring constantly (I use a whisk).
- Once sugar is dissolved increase heat and bring to the boil. Boil, stirring constantly for a few minutes (4-5 minutes) until thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir through passionfruit.
- Pour over cheesecake and set in fridge for 2 hours or even overnight.
- Decorate with leftover passionfruit pulp and extra passionfruit.
- Serve and enjoy this slice of heaven you have just created!