Everyone should make Baked Stuffed Ricotta Shells once in their life.
Not only are they are really yummy vegetarian option, they’re also just really yummy overall. For Meat-Free Monday, it doesn’t get much better than that as far as we’re concerned.
Now, you’ll need to get jumbo or giant shells for this. These aren’t always available at Coles or Woolworths, but you’re more likely to find them at IGA, or your local Italian deli.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 12 Giant Pasta Shells
- 250 grams Spinach Leaves chopped finely
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil Leaves chopped finely
- 420 grams Ricotta Cheese
- 2/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Eggs
- 750 grams Tomato Passata
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella grated
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Cook the giant pasta shells according to the package directions.
- While that is cooking, finely chop the spinach and basil and mix together.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, parmesan, and egg. Season with salt and pepper (around half a tsp each is normally enough). Add the chopped spinach and basil. Set aside in the fridge.
- Drain the pasta well. To the bottom of a casserole dish, add around two cups of the passata. Then divide the ricotta mix evenly in the shells, stuffing them with a spoon and smoothing the tops.
- Arrange the shells in the dish, add the rest of the passata, and sprinkle over the mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes, serve warm.