Moist Chocolate Cake
I’ve had this Moist Chocolate Cake recipe written down for years and years, it’s off the back of a cocoa packet – can’t remember which one – but I’ve made it many times and it always turns out beautiful. Great for birthday cakes!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar, Castor
- 125 grams Butter
- 1/2 cup Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 1 1/4 cups Flour Self-Raising
- Preheat oven to 190ºC conventional or 170ºC fan forced.
- Line a 20cm cake pan base with baking paper and lightly grease sides of pan.
- Combine water, sugar, butter, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda in medium saucepan; stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat & simmer uncovered for 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Cool to room temperature (or overnight in the fridge covered in plastic wrap).
- Add flour and egg and beat until just combined. Pour into pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes then turn onto cooling rack.