If there’s one thing that screams winter it’s oats, and this Banana & Peanut Butter Porridge Bake is full of them and so simple.
Pop everything in to the pan and let it bake away while you get the kids ready for school, or save a little time and make it up the night before and ‘chop’ it in to squares to eat on the run. This is a great one for the freezer too.
You can make this egg-free by substituting 2 tbs chia seeds with 1/4 cup of water (allow to thicken) then stir into mix in place of eggs. To make this nut free swap out the peanut butter for a seed butter and slightly increase the vanilla. To make it dairy free swap the milk for your favourite plant milk and leave out the butter.
If you’re ready to try a bunch more quick to make breakfasts, join Stace’s 21-Day Wholefoods Breakfast Challenge. You’ll get free wholefoods breakfast recipes, shopping lists, videos and tips to get you and the kids eating a healthy, real food breakfast everyday.
Head over to StaceyClare.com
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup optional
- 1 tsp Vanilla Powder
- 3 tbsp Butter cold, cubed
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Oats
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal or other nut meal
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 and lightly grease a small casserole dish.
- Whisk the milk, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla together until well combined. Then stir in the peanut butter oats and cubes of butter.
- Add the mixture in to the casserole dish and mash the two bananas into the top of the oats and sprinkle with the nut meal. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until ‘set’ to the touch and the bananas are lovely and caramalised.
- Serve with yoghurt, coconut cream and toasted nuts. Alternatively, let it go cold and slice it up in to a 'breakfast cake' for morning tea.