Basic Beef Bone Broth
I have made many bone broths before, but could never get it right, never get the consistency right or it lacked punch, until I roasted the bones!
This is the key!! caramelising the bones gives it so much more flavour!!! The herb combination worked great, This was what I had in my garden at the time. Again use what you have, If you don’t have it leave it out or think beyond it. if you have chicken bones, not beef bones, use them!
For more great recipes from The Fresh Life With Megan, check out her Facebook Page.
time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Soup Beef Bones
- Whole Garlic, skin on, chopped in 1/2
- 2 kg Soup Beef Bones
- 2 Brown Onions, Skin On, Quartered
- 2 Carrots, Skin On, Chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks, Chopped
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 Whole Garlic, Skin On, Chopped In 1/2
- 3 Sprigs Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano And Parsley
- 1-2 Peppercorns
- 6 litres Filtered Water
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees
- Place the bones on an oven tray, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast for 45 minutes and turn over once
- Add all of the other ingredients to a big saucepan
- Add bones (be sure to scrape the juices in too) and water.
- Place the lid on the saucepan and leave it on the lowest temperature setting for 24 hours (it shouldn't boil) be sure to skim the impurities from the top in this time frame.
- Strain the bones and place into a fridge straight away. Fat will form on top of the bones (This is good) It should be a gel like consistency once completely cooled
- If not using within a few days separate bones into cup size portions and place in freezer.