If you’ve got kids, and you don’t have a good fall back recipe for cookies, this Basic Chocolate Chip Cookies is it.
They’re just super yummy, super simple cookies that kids and adults love. They’re crisp on the outside but soft on the inside, and the dark chocolate chips just brings down the sweetness to the perfect level!
You can adjust them to your liking in terms of cooking time and in terms of size. Five stars for being super delicious!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 160 and prepare some baking trays (two small or one large) by lining with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, pour your melted (but slightly cooled) butter and add the brown sugar. Stir until the butter and sugar are well bonded, and continue to stir as the sugar dissolves.
- Beat the egg with a whisk, and add into the sugar mixture with the vanilla.
- In another bowl sift the two flours and the baking powder and mix well to combine. Slowly add this to the sugar mixture until it is all mixed in.
- Stir the dark chocolate chips in.
- Using a tablespoon, distribute the cookie dough onto your prepared baking trays, to the size you want.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden. The cookies will still be soft at this point, but leave them to cook on the tray for a few minutes, and then on a wire rack for 15 minutes before eating.