Basic Cooked Eggnog is a very traditional Christmas drink, so lets deck the halls with boughs of holly, and bottoms up to the end of another year. You can buy the ready made in the supermarkets, although it is nice to have the homemade stuff because you can add your little tipple of something special.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 6 Eggs
- 4 cups Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Thickened Cream lightly whipped (optional)
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a large saucepan, whisk together eggs, sugar and salt.
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add vanilla.
- Cool quickly by sitting saucepan in a large bowl of ice or cold water. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Fold in whipped cream (optional). Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon over the top.