Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Brown Onion
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Chop the Gravy Beef into bite sized pieces.
- Heat a large heavy based pan and brown the beef in batches until well browned all over.
- Remove the beef from the pot.
- Add the crushed garlic, bacon, carrot, onion, mushrooms and celery to the pot.
- Cook on high for approximately five minutes or until starting to brown.
- Stir in the red wine.
- Simmer uncovered until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Add the stock and the one cup of water.
- Put the beef into a casserole dish and pour over the red wine mixture.
- Cook in the oven, covered for approximately two hours.
- When the mixture is cooked, if it appears too wet, dissolve the cornflour in a little water and stir through until thickened.