Easy Beef Stroganoff
Beef Stroganoff is a firm family favourite in my house and is on high weekly rotation. I’ve always served it with crispy chips and freshly steamed vegetables, but some people have it on rice or pasta, which is nice too! Although pasta is clearly best – the nice thick pasta noodles… nom nom nom.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Rump Steak
- Sour Cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Butter
- 500 grams Rump Steak cut into thin strips (you can also substitute the beef with chicken strips)
- 1 Brown Onion cut finely
- 250 grams Mushroom
- 1 Garlic
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste OR 2 Tablespoons Tomato Sauce (optional - add this for a richer flavour)
- 3 tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
- Salt And Pepper To taste
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
1. Heat a frypan over medium heat and add the butter until bubbling.
2. Add the onion and garlic and fry until fragrant and the onion is soft.
3. Add the beef and mushrooms and fry for two to three minutes or until just cooked.
4.Add the Worchershire sauce and cook well, turn the frypan off, and stir through the sour cream and the tomato paste. Season to taste.
5. Serve on pasta noodles or with mashed potato and beans.
Recipe Hints and Tips:
- Beef Stroganoff is not suitable for freezing (as the sour cream tends to curdle). Make fresh just before serving.