Fried foods aren’t for everyone, but if you’ve never had Beer Battered Mushrooms we definitely recommend them. They’re mushrooms like you’ve never eaten them before, and are sure to be a regular appetiser at parties and gatherings in the future, for mushroom lovers and those on the fence.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Pour enough cooking oil into your pot to cover your mushrooms. Heat until it reaches 190 degrees celsius.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and paprika. Add in the beer and mix until smooth and free of lumps.
- Dip mushrooms into batter and coat well, then fry in batches in the hot oil for a few minutes, or until crispy and well browned.
- Remove mushrooms from oil and place on plate lined with paper towels to drain off excess oil.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice.