Beetroot Lentil Salad Nothing goes better than beetroot and goats cheese! This salad can be eaten hot or cold, on its own or as a side. Either way it is totally delicious! A tasty blend of vegetables, lentils and thyme…
Beetroot Lentil Salad
Nothing goes better than beetroot and goats cheese! This salad can be eaten hot or cold, on its own or as a side. Either way it is totally delicious!
A tasty blend of vegetables, lentils and thyme makes this salad seriously irresistible! Make sure to use the left over oil from the vegetables in the roasting pan on top of the salad as it makes the best dressing to finish it off! This is going to be another favourite family recipe!
For more great recipes from The Fresh Life With Megan, check out her Facebook Page.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Olive oil
- 1 Bunch Baby Beetroots With Leaves, Cut Into 4
- 1 Bunch Dutch Carrots, Trim Ends
- 1/4 Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Thyme Sprigs
- 1 Can Puy Lentils, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, Cut Into 4
- 50 grams Goats Cheese
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Wash and cut the beets into 1/4 and leave the skin on.
- Wash the carrots and place onto a roasting dish with the beetroot and red onion.
- Sprinkle the thyme over the vegetables and drizzle them with them olive oil and balsamic.
- Add salt and pepper
- Roast the vegetables for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the lentils and chop up beetroot leaves and walnuts.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, place all of the ingredients into salad bowl and toss through.
- Top the salad with goats cheese, walnuts and some more thyme.
- Make sure to add all of the oil from the roast vegetables as it works as a great dressing for the salad.