Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Prepare a large pan (23 cm springform or equivalent) by either greasing and flouring, or using baking paper.
- Sponge Base: Mix together the sifted flour, butter, egg, caster sugar, baking powder and vanilla.
- Pour into the tin.
- Evenly spread the berries over the sponge base.
- Custard Topping: Beat all the ingredients together and pour over the top of the berries.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Top should look firm when cooked.
- Serve hot or cold.