Traditional Cauliflower Cheese
Cauliflower Cheese goes brilliantly with steak, its so simple to make and the flavours compliment each other. Definitely worth making! Remember eating this with a roast dinner at your Grandma’s house? How long has it been since you have made Cauliflower Cheese from scratch?
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Cauliflower broken into florets
- 5 cups Milk
- 2 tsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 cup Cheese (cheddar) grated
- 1/2 cup Cheese (cheddar) grated for top
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder (optional)
- Boil or steam the cauliflower until just tender.
- Drain and place in a baking dish with high sides.
- In a microwave proof jug, melt the butter until bubbling.
- Stir in the plain flour and microwave an additional 20 - 30 seconds.
- Gently whisk in the milk and microwave for one minute and whisk again until it starts to thicken.
- Add one cup of the grated cheese and the mustard powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Microwave again for 30 seconds to one minute and whisk until the cheese sauce is nice and thick and smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower florets and top with the 1/2 cup of extra grated cheese.
- Place in the oven or under a grill until bubbling and the top is golden.