Towards the end of our weekly budget, when money is a bit tight, we’re always happy to rely on these Cheap And Cheerful Anything Burritos. A super variable recipe using whatever you happen to have on hand, these burritos are filling,…
Towards the end of our weekly budget, when money is a bit tight, we’re always happy to rely on these Cheap And Cheerful Anything Burritos. A super variable recipe using whatever you happen to have on hand, these burritos are filling, warming, and totally satisfying for folks of all ages.
You can even make them in large batches before you use them, and whack them in the fridge until they’re needed. To cook them up, pop them into a sandwich press, or even just in the microwave!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 1/2 Cooked Rice or less to taste
- 1/2 Cheese (cheddar) half cup, grated
- 1 Tortillas
- 2 Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Onion diced
- 2 Garlic minced
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 3/4 packet Capsicum diced
- 1 1/2 Black Beans 1 and a half cups, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 Kidney Beans 1 and a half cups, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 Corn Kernels 1 an a half cups, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat, and fry onion until translucent. Add garlic and cook for a few minutes, stirring regularly.
- Into this pan add your beans, cooking while stirring until heated through and starting to crispin. Reduce heat slightly, then add the diced capsicum and cook until slightly soft.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over your bean mixture, stirring until well combined. To this add your corn kernels, and your rice. Stir until mixture is well coated in taco seasoning. Drizzle BBQ sauce over the top.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas and sprinkle cheese on top. Fold shut, tucking in the sides, and wrap in foil prior to storing. If cooking straight away, serve immediately, or place in sandwich press or under grill to slightly char tortillas.