This is a cheat’s version of the more traditional Vanilla Slice.
My hubby calls these ‘Snot Blocks’ – not exactly appetising… but I’ve received a few versions from you lovely people – this is the easiest!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 5 Icing Sugar
- 1 700 Millilitre Milk (cold)
- 2 Puff Pastry (sheet)
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place one sheet of pastry on each baking tray, prick with a fork. Bake puff pastry sheets for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Cover the pastry with a tea towel and press out the puff very gently and set aside to cool.
- Place the vanilla mix and the 700ml of cold milk in a metal bowl and beat with electric mixers for one minute (as per directions on the pack).
- Line a square high-sided tin with baking paper so it overhangs (so it's easy to get the slice out).
- Place the pastry on the bottom so it fits firmly (you may have to gently trim).
- Pour over the vanilla mix - and refrigerate until set. When set - place the second sheet of pastry on top.
- Mix together the icing sugar and a little milk to make a icing and ice the top. Again refrigerate until set.
- Cut and serve.
- Slice recipe
- Slice recipe