This is the Best Ever Burger – Cheese and Bacon Burger!
I am addicted to a good burger. But it has to be a really really good burger! And I’ve figured out exactly what makes the Best Ever Burger Patty! And for me, it all comes back to fat content and how much you compact the mince together.
First of all, you do not want to buy packaged premium mince from the supermarket. Go to the butcher and ask for chuck or blade and tell him you want about 35% fat and a coarse mince, nothing really fine. If you own a mincer you can, of course, mince it yourself. But only run it through the mincer one time using the biggest plate.
The final trick is in the mixing.
When you combine the mince with the other ingredients try not to mush it up too much, you want it to stay a little separated. The same thing goes for when you form it into patties, yes, you need to pat it into shape enough so that it doesn’t fall apart, but don’t over compact it.
Keep those three things in mind next time make a homemade burger and you will strike burger gold!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1/2 Kg Beef Mince (500 Grams)
- 1/2 Bunch Parsley, Chopped
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Coarse Salt
- 4 Bread Rolls, I Love A Good Butter Bun, Sliced Through The Middle
- 8 Rashes Bacon
- 4 Thick Slices Of Aged Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Baby Cucumbers
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Juniper Berries, Optional
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Gently combine mince, herbs, spices and garlic in a bowl.
- Divide the mix into 4 portions and gently shape them into patties.
- Place in the fridge for an hour or two to set.
- Slice the cucumbers on an angle, place in a small bowl with red wine vinegar and let sit for an hour ideally.
- Cook the bacon until crisp on a non-stick frypan
- Toast the rolls while the burgers are cooking
- Preheat a frying pan or grill pan over medium-high heat and cook the patties to your liking. A couple of minutes before the patties are cooked place the cheese on top and let it melt a little.
- Place a dollop of sauce on the base of the bun then top with a burger patty, bacon, drained cucumbers then the lid.