Perfect Savoury Cheese Scones I’m totally going through a Scone phase at the moment. Plain scones, Pumpkin Scones, Lemonade Scones – I’ve eaten so many of late I’m surprised I don’t look like a scone. But if you are feeling…
Perfect Savoury Cheese Scones
But if you are feeling like something a bit more savoury – try this recipe for Perfect Savoury Cheese Scones! Delicious and cheesy – it is great with just a slab of butter, or topped with a bit of tomato relish or even just vegemite – yum!
Best eaten on the day you make them. You can freeze the Perfect Savoury Cheese Scones but they can be dry after they have been frozen – so stick to fresh when you can!
Recipe submitted by Amanda Butterfield
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Self Raising Flour (sifted)
- Butter (cold)
- Parmesan cheese
- 450 grams Self Raising Flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Mustard Powder
- 100 grams Butter (cold)
- 250 grams Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsps Chopped Chives
- 120 ml Cold Milk
- 120 ml Cold Water
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk (extra)
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Perfect Savoury Cheese Scones:
- Preheat the oven to a hot 220 degrees Celcius
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Sift the flour, salt and mustard powder into a large bowl.
- Grate the butter into the flour mix, then use your fingers to 'pinch' the butter into the mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the finely grated Parmesan cheese and the chives and mix well.
- Pour in the cold milk and cold water and mix with a butter knife until just combined (don't overmix or it will make the scones tough).
- Pour the mix out onto a floured board and press the mix down with your fingers until it is about 3cm thick.
- Use a scone cutter to cut out the scones and place them on the baking tray about 3cm away from each other.
- Beat the egg and add the extra milk to the egg mixture.
- Use the egg and milk mixture to dab on top of the scones to enhance browning and bake for 12 minutes or until the scones are golden.