If cheeseburgers are your thing, you absolutely cannot walk past this Cheeseburger Soup recipe.
OMG!!! You’ll love to have this for winter! Not sure what it is? Cheeseburger Soup brings together all the stunning flavours of a cheeseburger in a super creamy and ultra comforting soup, topped with chunky crisp croutons.
It’s so delicious, you’ll be amazed you’ve never come across it before!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Beef 500 grams, ground
- 1 Onion diced
- 1/4 Butter 1/4 cup
- 1 Potato 4 cups, peeled and diced
- 1 Garlic 2 tsps, minced
- 1 Chicken Broth 3 cups
- 1/3 cup Plain Flour
- 1 Worcestershire Sauce 2 tsp
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 gram Salt And Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Yoghurt
- 2 Slices Thick Bread cut into squares and toasted (optional)
- 1 Parsley 1/4 cup
- 1 Carrot 2 cups, peeled and diced
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a large saucepan brown the beef. When no pink spots remain, drain excess water and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same saucepan add 1tbs of the butter and melt. Then add the onion and garlic, cooking for until soft. To this add the chicken broth, potatoes, carrots and cooked beef. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cover, allowing to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- While this is happening in a small pan melt the rest of the butter (3tbs) and add the flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes, or until nice and bubbly. Check the potatoes, and if they are tender add the flour/butter mix into the soup. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook for a few more minutes.
- Once all the vegetables are tender and cooked through, stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Stir until the cheese has melted well. Remove from heat and stir through the yoghurt and parsley, topping with the crusty croutons.